Date: Saturday April 27, 2019
Time: 3 pm – 5 pm
Investment: $45+hst till April 20, $55 after
Limited Space, Pre-registration Required @ the studio or ONLINE
Want to move like a gymnast? Eager to master a handstand hold, but unsure of where to start?
Join Strongnastics Coach Jenn Lymburner on Saturday, October 13th for a 2-hour handstand foundations workshop! Perfect for athletes of all fitness levels, this workshop will introduce important mobility, strength and technique drills to get you comfortable upside down.
What will be covered?
• Foundational shapes integral to developing a perfect handstand line (hollow and arch)
• Locomotions designed to get your body warm and joints moving, and to create general mind-body
awareness that will translate to inversions
• Bridge and mobility drills to get your shoulders, spine, hips, and wrists prepared for handstands
• How to safely fall: Front rolls, cartwheels and drills to help build confidence on and off the wall
• Handstand balancing drills with options for all levels
Jenn is a Co-Owner and Coach of Strongnastics, a local fitness business that provides workshops, personal training and remote coaching for adults looking to improve their gymnastics and bodyweight training.
Her experience as an athlete has gotten her to where she is today and has shaped her passion for helping others achieve their health and fitness goals. Jenn was a provincial level gymnast, a Team Canada national level power tumbler, an NCAA cheerleader on scholarship at Hawaii Pacific University, a top 10 Canada East CrossFit Regionals competitor, and a National Canadian Olympic weightlifter. While she no longer competes, she is always looking for new opportunities to challenge herself physically, and continues to use gymnastics-style training to push towards her goals.